Sunday, February 20, 2011

Snowed in And Unplugged

I am in Happy Jack, AZ this weekend with my wife's family celebrating my father-in-law's 70th birthday.  About 25 miles somewhere south of here, AT & T has service.  That simply means I have no connection to the world via my smartphone.  My kids quickly point out that if we had Verizon we would have service.  It's a tired argument with me.  I'm not switching. 

I was finally able to wrestle my sister-in-law's laptop and wireless aircard away from the kids and get after it.  Situations like this make you realize how depedent we are on technology to stay connected with the world.  Yet there has been something peaceful about this weekend.  No constant barrage of text messages or email.  Yet we are having very meaningful family connection as the snow falls in north central AZ. 

By the time many of you read this you will realize I didn't make it to church today.  While I miss my congregation, I am still fulfilling the vision of the house by making meaningful connections.  Snowed in and unplugged isn't so bad after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment